Never miss an update from the FWC or one of the Ringo Letters:
The Ringo Letters are the sole view of Johnny Ringo, the owner of the Female Wrestling Channel, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the females that work for this company currently or in the recent past. The Ringo Letters are to serve as a vehicle for Johnny’s thoughts at a given time on FWC related subjects and said views may change suddenly, slowly, or not at all over the years.
The public can view “Company Facts”. You must be a LOGGED IN MEMBER to read “More Company Facts” and “Character Facts”.
- The wrestling is real.
- We do not decide who wins or loses in advance.
- We only hire ladies who are competitive and want to win.
- The majority of the women have no prior experience.
- Our #1 goal is to make our ladies shareholders and future leaders in the company.
- We treat our customers the way we would like to be treated. We are fans too.
- The ladies and gents are IN character in the Episodes. FWC Extras are where we normally are NOT in character. Photosets are used to showcase the ladies in different looks and competitive wrestling situations.
- We currently have the best prices in the entire worldwide female wrestling business at .99 cents per full length video.
- We greatly encourage our ladies to wear proper padding on the mats. We will continue to improve in this area.
- Many of our storylines are things that happen in real life, that we retro-fit for our “story”.
- We put great thought into the long term health of the ladies, and structuring our company in a way that limits injury as much as we can.
- The leg scissor (and headscissor) submission is a sexy looking move, but also an extremely effective submission.
- The breast smother is a sexy looking move, but is also an extremely effective submission.
- The schoolgirl pin (Leg Trap Pin) is a sexy looking move, but is also an extremely effective pinning manuever.
- We have WRESTLING RULES that we follow that are posted for the public.
- We are the first competitive female wrestling company to have an ongoing story, characters, and real wrestling outcomes that is attempting to “mainstream” and normalize real women’s wrestling.
- Our colors are gold and white.
- We wrestle on 10 foot by 10 foot wrestling mats. We will not perform matches on a surface area smaller than this under any circumstances for safety and mobility reasons.
- When ladies do not wear knee, shin, or padding on the top of the feet, these areas are often left bruised, battered, and cut/scuffed up from wrestling. With this said, some ladies do not like padding as they feel it hinders their wrestling ability. We give them the option to choose.
- We use puzzle piece mats and roll out mats.
- We have 3 Cameras capable of live streaming, 4K, and HDR.
- Members get option to view the streaming and download version of each video.
- Customers and Members receive both HD and SD versions as part of the same video, rather than having to pay a higher price for the higher quality version.
- We provide plenty of pictures, and a trailer video, with every single new release so our customers can make the most informed decision possible on every purchase.
- We were the first company in the competitive female wrestling business to offer public skype chats with fans around the world.
- We will never have nudity.
- A Roku affiliate has offered us a spot as a show on the platform, but we don’t feel we are ready just yet. We also have an opportunity to go on X-Box 360 when ready.
- We used to incorporate arm wrestling at the beginning of our matches when we first started, but we no longer do this. We want the ladies to have full energy and strength for the matches. The competitiveness of the arm wrestling wore a lot of them out before the match even started!
- The headscissors was not allowed as a legal submission until Episode 30.
- Arm bars and chokes are not allowed because the majority of our ladies do not like the moves and because they are not uniquely female moves. We consider chokes and arm bars to be more in the realm of UFC/MMA, but we are fine with other companies serving the market where we do not.
- We are the only company we know of in the female wrestling business that routinely offers “free download day” for fans of our newsletter. Our goal is to create as many new fans as possible (and keep them) and our prices and strategy reflect that.
- We are one of the few companies we know of in the female wrestling business that routinely collects as much information as possible from fans, to create a better overall product and experience. We always give fans something back when they fill out a survey, or give us a lot of information. If we don’t, ask for it!
- We are continually working hard to improve the mixed wrestling industry for the ladies involved and fans who want to participate. We do an interview process. Say “no” a lot more than we say “yes”. This is because we care greatly about safety for all participants, male and female alike.
- We have been using the same blue wrestling mats since Episode 2. We also have puzzle piece mats that we use sometimes as well.
- Many of the earlier Episodes, such as Episode 2, 3, 4, 7, 11, 12, 14, 16, etc, will be re-filmed in time with the same camera as we will introduce characters that have had an influence the entire time, that you did not know about. The current Episodes will then be moved to FWC Extras. Many of the earlier Episodes will also have more material added, so that we can flesh the story out fuller.
- We are offering companies the ability to buy out Episodes for a month, a year, or for life. This would make the Episode free to fans during that time period. It’s a wonderful advertising model, but we need more website traffic, and the product needs a whole lot more legitimacy for this to really catch.
- We took all of the scripted matches off of the website (minus two handfuls of scripted Episodes) for everyone. This is so no one gets confused on what we are trying to bring forth, which is real female competitive wrestling.
I couldn’t put everything here, but I hope you found some interesting tidbits about us that you did not know before.
Are there stories or facts I missed that should be listed here? If so, please let me know!
Feel free to CONTACT ME to discuss anything on this list. All messages flow directly to my inbox.
– Ringo –