Never miss a Ringo Letter or a Female Wrestling Channel Update!
The Ringo Letters are the sole view of Johnny Ringo, the owner of the Female Wrestling Channel, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the females that work for this company currently or in the recent past. The Ringo Letters are to serve as a vehicle for Johnny’s thoughts at a given time on FWC related subjects and non FWC related subjects.
THE RINGO LETTERS #7
Are We An Adult Company or Non-Adult Company?
One of the most massive challenges we have encountered at the Female Wrestling Channel is an issue solely of perception.
Is the Female Wrestling Channel an adult product or is it simply a sport?
Here Are Some Of The Reasons I Currently DO NOT Consider “WHAT WE DO” To Be An Adult Product:
- The male and female wrestlers on TV wear less than our ladies (in many cases) with CHILDREN in the crowd
- We have no nudity
- Competitive wrestling is a 5,000 year old sport
Here Are Some Of The Reasons I Currently Consider “WHAT WE DO” To Be An Adult Product:
- The ladies have cussed at times in the videos
- Most of the ladies we bring on are physically attractive
- We currently use a move called the breast smother (a very effective submission) and we also utilize a pin move called “The Schoolgirl Pin” where one lady traps the other one’s head between her legs as she pins them to the mat.
In Truth, I Think We Are Somewhere In the Middle Of Adult and Non-Adult!
To the average observer, some of our women’s wrestling moves look “erotic” even though our argument is that the female wrestling moves are uniquely female.
Of course, this can be disputed.
Some fans will say we are not adult at all and they have seen much worse things on WWE television.
Things like necrophilia stories, a story where one man attempted to kill another one’s dad, one story where a man is hanging from the ring (high above) while demonic lights and music is happening at the same time.
Many remember Stone Cold Steve Austin, smashing beers together, and then drinking them in front of children.
Many remember the lesbian angle between Dawn Marie and Torrie Wilson.
Many remember “The Kat” getting nude on PPV in a mud wrestling match.
Are we more adult than the TV show “Breaking Bad” where Walter White spends his cancer years making meth and selling it?
Are we more adult than the TV show “Game of Thrones” where there is murder, sex, incest, along with just about anything possible that is shocking or unexpected?
Are we more adult than cheerleaders at high school or college games that dress sexy and show their panties when they kick high in the air?
Heck, are we even more “adult” than the WWE?
All We Know Is The Following:
- We have been banned on companies like Youtube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, and Tumblr
- Multiple Pro Wrestling sites will not link to us or collaborate because they tell us children visit their websites
- When we try to do business with porn websites they often tell us they can’t do business with us because our ladies are not naked
- Most of the ladies who work here do not tell their friends or family that they are a part of this
It would seem to me that this is an ADULT company.
Somewhere in the middle of adult and non-adult.
Think Hooters maybe, but not that mainstream yet.
What do you think?
— Ringo —
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: January 1st 2015
REVISED: October 3rd 2019